Friday, February 27, 2015

gone fishin'...

for cash. He left this morning, headed to Biloxi. I think he is so flattered when they 'invite' him to come and participate in a tournament he cannot refuse. Well, maybe if he was flat broke, and could not pay for the gas to get there.

But his social security check came today, therefore he hit the road to The Palace. I'm sure they are all greeting him by name, and offering to get him drinks . Those cute young waitresses in short skirts are probably not aware what alcoholic beverages can do to a diabetic gambler. I'd like to think he's asking for massively overpriced $5 tumblers of diet coke to be put on his bar tab.

I told him I thought it would be a good idea to let me hold that tax refund for him before he left town. He's always the picture of optimism when he loads up to leave, so I will let you know if he has on a smiley face when he returns... if so, I will have one too: expectantly thinking he will share some of the winnings with those amongst us who are less fortunate, had to work while he is off playing cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment