Tuesday, February 17, 2015

accupuncture...

...obviously did not provide instant resolution, or even what might be considered timely satisfaction. So not really sure why I am still going. And today, after she put needles in the top of my head, along my hairline on my face, around my brows, on both sides of  my nose, in the skin web between fingers and thumb, on my shins, below the knee, and upper foot: I nearly said 'that's all the fun I can stand for today'.

If you recall reading about this same thing back last year, I was hoping to clear up chronic sinus drainage. It still drips. And in the past two weeks, since I was last there getting poked, I think I have had a self-diagnosed sinus infection. I won't tell the symptoms. But I am pretty sure I had that, and just decided to muddle on through, feeling healthy enough otherwise that I could win the battle in time.

I honestly, truthfully did not have the time to devote to going to get a medical diagnosis, which is the  only way I could have gotten a script for antibiotics. Working too much over the holiday, and too dang tired to devote my non-working hours to sitting in a waiting room. Plus the obvious risk involved of being surrounded by people who were coughing and hacking, and snot-running kids, hoping to be cured at the doc-in-a-box. So I am back to normal (ha!), even though I continue to question the financial investment (not covered by my insurance) and efficacy (it still drips excessively) of my choice for a cure.

I mentioned those 'plugs' I had installed in my tear ducts, and we agreed that all those things inside one's face are connected. So now I am wondering if the lack of tears, causing the chronic dry-eye problem is appearing in my sinus, so geographically close to eyeballs, being diverted from my eye sockets into nose? I don't know much about the plumbing of that area, other than a occasional glance at a somewhat gruesome chart on the doctors' office walls, printed by pharmaceutical company. I recently read or heard someplace that as we 'age', and things dry up, eyes will/can become a problem. So...can they be related?

No comments:

Post a Comment