Wednesday, December 10, 2014

today I cooked...

...something I would never put in my mouth. Almost as interesting as the day I made desserts I did not eat. I was not none, whatsoever ever tempted to taste the salmon dish. I don't even like to smell it: and I noticed when I was coming home, that aroma has permeated my hair and clothing. Ick.

It was called something like rustic pasta and salmon. Had some fresh red chard, and fresh mushrooms in it. The most unexpected ingredient was smoked paprika. It smells like bacon! I spent the afternoon trying to think of something else it could be used in that would be totally unrelated to having a fishy odor. I haven't even used it before, and don't know what it tastes like.  I was wondering about maybe using it to make a batch of the home-made version of chex mix, with different kinds of cereal and nuts. I think the original recipe has paprika in it, and the flavor of the smoked stuff ought to make it yummy.

Had lots of compliments and positive feedback from the samples people tried. Honestly, you have to wonder if they just say it, or really mean it. The only negative I heard was from someone who said it needed more salt. I can't say, as I won't be tasting. I just could not let that fishy smelling stuff get anywhere close to my taste buds: having to smell  it all day was more than enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment