Tuesday, December 16, 2014

a small flurry...

...of gift wrapping activity occurred last Thursday when I was trying to get organized for going to Decatur. I got them all done - temporarily. And delivered on Friday. In the process of searching for boxes to put stuff in, I found a box up on the shelf in the closet that had some 'decorations'. This from the  person who said: "I went into the workshop and got the wreath off the shelf, walked out of the carport to the front door, and hung the wreath on the light fixture, plugged in the string of lights, and completely finished my holiday decorating".

What I found in the box was The Three Kings x 2. Left over from when Paula was, oh maybe in the fifth or sixth grade. i'd been drafted to make some crafts for her class at school. and we made the kings out of cardboard tubes. They were actually pretty cute. What you see, when you come in and get done laughing, wipe your eyes, and look again:



What you don't see, is over to the side, on the far end of the mantel is the two santas. One is also made for a cardboard tube covered with red paper, and the other is just a red paper cone, decorated with all the appropriate gear to make it santa-like. I think I probably made both of the goofy little santas and one set of the three little four inch tall wise men, and if you look closely before they go back in the box and up on the shelf for another eleven months, you can tell which ones Paula made. I'm sure we had good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment