Thursday, December 18, 2014

new food group...???

... might be best for something I just stirred up. I wanted to make some cookies to send, but between: a) lazy, b) lack of time, and c) hoping for a smidgen of nutrition - even though, yeah, I know the rules don't apply between mid November and January the 2nd. So I would like to plead my case for having invented a New Food Group.

I didn't have the recipe for rice krispie treats stored in my brain any longer, after such a long time of not having made such a useless, non-nutritious food item. So had to google it up to find out how much butter and how many cups of (non-food) marshmallows to mix with what quantity of cereal for right proportions. Though back in my 'treats' days, I was prone to put the whole box of krispies in, without a thought for measuring cups.

My plan was to substitute whole grain cheerios for the krispies. It all seemed to come together pretty well - you might be able to substitute the melted marshmallows for most any form of water based glue as they consist of corn syrup, sugar, cornstarch, water. They will have to cool a bit before the final evaluation/taste test/quality control takes place. But I suspect the individual who is always opening the pantry door or peering into the fridge here, in an optimistic, munchy state will have no complaints about the cheerios replacing the krispies.

Plus my theory of "It's always good when someone else is cooking" has been confirmed any number of times by passing customers when they eat at the demo booth in Publix.

No comments:

Post a Comment