Thursday, December 11, 2014

it was interesting... (accupuncture)

the same as what I have decided to tell people when they ask how I like my 'new job'. (Not really 'new' - just vastly different). The answer to the question is going to perpetually be: It's interesting.

"Interesting"will also describe my experience this morning when I went for accupuncture. I have a minor, but longterm/chronic problem I decided to try to get resolved. Not anything major that would cause you to cross the street if you saw me coming, but something you have probably noticed after we spent time together.

I have been, on occasion,  to have accupuncture done by someone here in town. She had a business in her home, and seems to do pretty well. I can't say how effective it has been, partially because I don't know: meaning I'm not sure why I went. And partially because I apparently quit going due to not being sure all it was beneficial.

But here I am. Giving it another go. This time, to someone who is on staff at one of the hospitals here, and has been doing accupuncture in private practice for years. I actually persuaded my spouse to go to this doctor some years ago, hoping for relief from knee pain. He probably went six or eight time, and quit. Saying it was not helpful, plus he did not want to continue paying out of pocket. When what he really meant is that he did not 'believe'. He never had any faith that it would help with pain, and started the treatments in a 'doubting Thomas' mode. So it's understandable that he did not get good results.

I'm going, paying out of my pocket. Insurance does not cover. But I will give it a try and hope for the best. Someone recently told me about amazing instant improvement after a visit to the chiropractor. Which made me think: 'hmmm, I believe I will try to get some resolution for this chronic stuff I have been ignoring for years.'

No, the problem is not better. But that was my first visit. It was really strange, when I got a needle stuck in my foot, near the ankle - then one stuck in my hand, and I could feel it all the way down to my foot. I'm going back next Tuesday.  If you want to see, I have a photo on my phone, I will get added here tomorrow...more to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment