Monday, December 8, 2014

dessert-ing....

...involved lots and lots of chocolate chips today. The recipe card actually had three different things on it, but I only made two. I seriously doubt the third had any more actually nutrition than the two I made repeatedly, but these two would have put any body with blood sugar issues in a coma. And I would have not known what to do when they fell on the floor with insulin problems, sugar numbers in the stratosphere.

The amusing part of making these two items over and over and over: I was not even slightly tempted to sample. I was so pleased that both recipes had ingredients I don't like so would not want to put in my mouth, I would have happily made them indefinitely. Just as I am not tempted by dishes that the first ingredient is animal protein: if it has coconut or marshmallows in the recipe, it is completely safe from me.

One of the recipes was for that layered bar cookie you see in magazines this time of year. The one with the coconut sprinkled over graham cracker crumbs, chocolate and butterscotch chips, and then you pour over a whole can of condensed milk, sprinkle of nuts. Bake to melt it all together (and cement it around the edges of the pan like concrete - so you better spray it first! With all that baked on condensed milk/sugar, it will be soaking for days in the sink before you can chisel the bits out.)

The other is a super easy fudge recipe. You don't even need to turn on the oven. It's so simple it just takes one skillet or saucepan - and you could probably do it in the micro, so you only have a bowl to wash. All you do is melt the choc. chips and stir it all together, chill and cut. I'm not giving the recipe - though I do have it pretty much memorized from making it so much today. You'll have to look at the www.publix.com website and find it under Aprons meals.

I was not tempted to eat either one. But that coffee ice cream with the little bits of crunchy chocolate they were giving away in sample cups yesterday: Oh, my.

No comments:

Post a Comment