Tuesday, October 14, 2014

yesterday was not...

... something I would add to my list of most fun ever. Probably not even in the top twenty. It was so....something... that by the end of the day, when I got home I had a miserable headache. I never, ever have headaches. Something I will attribute to leading a life of little stress and very little anxiety. Just don't do things that would bring on the stuff that causes pain in the head. But it hurt on Monday. So much, that I wondered if I needed something to eat, as you know you can get something of this sort from low blood sugar. So I medicated with a Snicker bar.

Now I am thinking the problem was due to spending the day in a small room with a man who was trying to crash-course me on everything one needs to know to do the cooking demo. for the famished public. Sort of like when you are not even remotely thinking about food, never considering you might want something to eat: then you smell the fried chicken. You can be out in the parking lot, and have it invade your senses from the exhaust fans on top of the store, wafting across the neighborhood - and find yourself floating into the store, like some cartoon character, without feet touching the ground. Following your nose to the deli, demanding to be fed.

Or you can be in the store, industriously being industrious, doing your job, and someone will pass by with a box of hot, freshly cooked chicken pieces: whereupon you ask if you can go home with them to help with the consumption. Never even thinking you are hungry until that odor assails your nose. Then suddenly ravenous.

I'm going to start cooking today. Another few hours of being cooped up in the training room, with the man reading to me from the big training binder. Then we will put on our hair nets and gloves, go out in the store, start practicing how to smile and chop at the same time. I think I will go ahead and take some more Tylenol before I leave the house... and maybe put a few in my pocket for emergency use.

No comments:

Post a Comment