Wednesday, October 15, 2014

drinking beer for supper...

...again. Does it sound like I might have a problem? Too tired to even think about finding something to eat. I will likely be in bed by 9:00 again.

I cooked and cooked and cooked and cooked. Meaning I did the same recipe four times. Which sounds pretty impressive to me. But in a perfect Publix world, it should have been cooked, and sampled five times in the course of the day. I know that is what they expect, but I was pretty dang impressed to put it together and serve to customers/passers-by the four times they enjoyed free food today. Lots of people commented, reported how good it was.

I did not taste it. I was told I am supposed to give it a taste, but I could  not figure out any way to do that and not be standing there, in front of customers, forking food in my mouth. Then by the time it was gone, it was gone. So it was time to go wash everything, sanitize and start over. I've gotten the ingredients pretty much memorized. Can't tell you the amounts of different things, but could certainly recite the list of what goes in the Shitake Asparagus Chicken dish, as well as the Sesame Rice.

Even though I never actually put any in my mouth, the consumers told me that it was very good, and it smelled wonderful, so I'm pretty sure it was a success. The sauce for the chicken had ginger, low sodium soy sauce and honey in it. My mouth was watering the whole time. It smelled wonderful. I have to go back tomorrow and make it three more times.

No comments:

Post a Comment