Thursday, October 16, 2014

drinking beer for supper, part 2...

.... along with a bowl of Cheerios and milk with a sliced banana. Not something I would recommend, but it worked. I went in at 3, and cooked that same recipe three times before quitting at 8, and leaving there at about 8:15. I got it all cleaned up, and put away, and was Very Ready to go home.

The recipe, which I will  not repeat here (I assume it is trademarked or registered or something) was for chicken and rice. But not that same chicken/rice you had as a kid that grandma used to make when you were sick, and she claimed it would cure all your ails. This one had lots of good stuff added to make it into a meal for adults. Likely not something that would appeal to the younger set, but I got lots of compliments, so think it was pretty tasty. I didn't try it, even though at one point I guess I could have instead of throwing extra in the trash that was not dished out to customers in the thirty minute period they allow before you have to toss it.

In the recipe with the chicken was chicken broth, ginger, red pepper flakes, sliced spring/green onions, soy sauce, honey, asparagus and mushrooms. If you wanted to look it up at publix.com, and go to the Aprons meals tab, it's called Asparagus Shitake Chicken. There was some brown rice that went along with it, that had sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds, juice of a fresh lime and diced green onions. If I was to make it at my house, which I won't, I would be leaving out the mushrooms... just personal preference.

So once again, I cooked and cooked and cooked. And feel like I have looked at, stirred up, and served that recipe so many times, I should be able to recite it in my sleep. I won't be back in the store until there is a new recipe on Tuesday. (There is a calendar the company prints for the  month, telling the names of recipes from week to week, but it was all I could do to keep it all going - so don't know what's up next.) You might remember the variety shows from years ago, where the guys would come on with dogs, or bird,s or monkeys trained to do amazing tricks? And ventriloquists? Other guys would come on for the next act and be doing this thing where they would balance plates on dowels and keep 'em all spinning. I feel like I've been doing that all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment