Monday, October 20, 2014

a body in motion....

stays in motion, right? That would be me, over the last five days.

Let me tell you about it backwards/sdrawkcab:  I got up this morning at 4:30, which was not hard to do, since I was to tired yesterday, it was not hard to go to bed at 9:00, and immediately fall asleep. I did it deliberately, knowing I would have to get up really early if I was going to get to south GA by 8:00. It went according to plan. I have been doing a whole lotta driving in the dark in recent days - which might be totally out of your comfort zone. But I don't think about it. Like Nike: 'Just Do It.'

And got back to town before it got too dark to see. Which was really nice, since I was driving north, back across south Georgia in the daylight and seeing fields full of cotton. Mostly defoliated, and ready to be picked to roll up in big bales and cover with plastic. Until time to take to the gin and process, turn into bales that will be turned into The Fabric of Our Lives. I'm partial to this time of year. I don't think there are all that many people who would say that Fall is their favorite season - most would likely prefer Spring. But, for me, it's always been Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment