Saturday, October 11, 2014

giant chocolate chip cookie recipe...

... even though it is not the recipe that is available commercially, at the Cookie Company store in the mall, it's really good. I think I would like it better if you left the chocolate chips out, and put in extra nuts. But what do I know?

I'm glad I (accidently) had the foresight to buy several boxes of cake mix when I last thought of making one, so had a box on hand when I realized Birthday Cake was in order for the drive to TN on Friday. I hope my pizza pan comes back home. It has a story to tell... in addition to being well traveled, it was once a 'gong' for a church musical production. I used a nail to make two small holes along the curved edge, for hanging up on a stand, to be used in whatever musical the kids were doing, about twenty years ago. Holy cow! Has it been that long? Wow!

Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie

1 box cake mix: whatever is on sale,(I have never used a chocolate mix, always yellow or white)
1/2 cup cooking oil
2 Tbs. water (I generally use milk)
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 to 1 cup choc. chips (yesterday's had half choc. and half peanut butter)

Mix the oil, water, eggs well, stir in dry cake mix. Add choc. chips. and chopped nuts if desired. Spread with fingers onto greased pizza pan. Bake 350 for 20-25 min, until lightly browned. It the mix is 'stiff', wet fingers to spread. Slice into wedges with knife or pizza cutter. It's soft, rather than hard and crunchy, like choc. chip cookies often are. It will seriously stick to the pan if you don't spray it before you put the cookie on.

No comments:

Post a Comment