Saturday, August 19, 2017

plotting and planning...

...for weeks to go to South Carolina to be there when the solar eclipse occurs. I read about it early in the year, in the Farmer's Almanac, and told my pen pal in Greenville I was planning to come and visit to be there for the complete eclipse that will occur in the upstate. And looking forward to the trip.

Until I talked with my cousin after I got home tonight, who said there it is going to be chaos there. The news reports that thousands and more thousands of people will be swarming into the area to view the oddity. She was warning me to stay away, and stay at home. Keep away as far away as possible.

It is always my plan when I am traveling to SC to spend the night in Decatur and get up really early to get out of town before traffic gets bad. I dislike that high speed, crazy-ness so much I do every thing I can to avoid as much as possible. Like keep to surface streets until absolutely necessary to get on that twelve-lane-wide-screaming-banshee mess. Which is what I had planned to do on Monday. But I am having second thoughts....

The cousin laughed at me when I said: "Wow!" and "Really?" Making her think I am a hopeless bumpkin. Ignorant and completely naive. The kind of person who thinks like a chicken when a solar eclipse occurs and goes right to bed/roost for two and one-half minutes. I have not listened to the radio, or seen any news with reports of those thousands and thousands of people who are flocking to the area of total darkness. I was thoroughly amazed to hear that it will be bedlam in Carolina while the sun disappears in a shadow. For 2 1/2 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment