Saturday, August 19, 2017

sitting here typing...

...looked up and out the window. Saw a beautiful sunset, over towards the golf course that is across the street from our house. Sky streaked with clouds that were a gorgeous shade of orange, with the sun lighting them from beneath, so the color was almost golden. It was so striking, brilliantly colored, I hit the save button, immediately got up and walked out into the yard, up to the street to see the end of the day. It is now completely dark. Only nine o'clock. Days ago it would be almost fully daylight until nearly 9:30, so it is obvious the days are getting shorter, and summer is drawing to a close.

When I went in to work this morning, I had to be there at 7:00. I usually go in at 5 or 6 a.m., when it is still pitch black dark. So do not often seen the sunrise, unless I am traveling, on the road and seeing the sky gradually lighten out in the woods, trees slowly become visible across fields of cotton, corn or soybeans. But I did see the early morning sky today: beautifully colored clouds of pink and palest orange, almost looking like watercolor paintings, just a faint wash of color. Pale blue sky, with fluffy clouds up high enough to catch the early rays of the sun, and be an enticing shade of cotton candy pink.

Sadly, I spent the entire day inside, and did not see the world until I left the store at 5 p.m. But I did see the end of the day, with streaked shades of gold and brilliant orange, as the sky faded into gray and black. Thankful for the beauty of creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment