Sunday, August 27, 2017

this will be the third...

... towards the requisite ten days of sub. teaching for this semester, when I go to an elementary school on Monday. I found a job for half  day replacement, and will go in at 11:00. First I have to get up at four o'clock and go to work at 5:00 a.m., in order to be finished by ten, so I can go on to the next thing.

It would be a wonderful plan if I could get some more of those half day jobs. That would give the needed credit of 'being there', without having to spend the entire day if it turns out to be more stress than my brain is prepared for. I am pretty sure I do not have the disposition, temperament or discipline skills to be the person who replaces a teacher in a classroom of kids above the age of five. Or at best, possibly six, if there is plenty of administrative support and lots of people nearby who will stick their head in the door periodically to say: 'how's it going?'

The half day assignment tomorrow is in a kindergarten class - just about perfect for me. They have enough experience with being in a classroom, following instructions, knowing about standing in line, cooperating, sharing, general behavior requirements to be manageable. Plus there is always an other person there in the classroom with kids at that age. I think I can do this without loosing my cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment