Saturday, April 16, 2016

it seems to me...

... like I spent more time going and coming than actually being there? Another of those 'flying low' drives to south GA and back in one day. I got up about 5 am and was out the door by 5:30, and walking back in shortly after 7:00 pm. So though I readily confess to being acutely and chronically math impaired, it seems to me like 'way more time on the road than actually there?

I had been planning for months to see a couple of friends from school daze. Half of the people I have kept in touch with over the years. So perhaps it qualifies as a mini-class reunion. Or not. They both brought spouses and I get places a whole lot faster unencumbered. (Does that word look strange to you?) We had a pleasant lunch together and parted ways.

I was a little surprised, thinking they would want to drive over and poke around, do some reminiscing. But no: we talked about who we had for teachers in the first grade, but there was no fond remembrance... guess there was not much  fondness - or perhaps our remembering ability is so poor we don't have much recall from the era when we all thought we were bulletproof.

No comments:

Post a Comment