Monday, June 9, 2014

they're baaaccck...

the millipedes have returned to my kitchen.... not yet in droves like the invasion I reported last summer. But enough that I am alarmed. I have been sweeping a few up every morning for a week or so. And nearly fifty today. I am not exaggerating. Honestly.

 It's really bizarre. I get out the broom and dust pan and sweep, most of them curling up in a little spiral, and get a dozen or so in the dust pan. Take two steps to open the cupboard door and deposit them in the trash: and before I can take another step, there are a dozen more industriously creeping across the tiles I just swept. It's crazie.

If I knew where they were coming from, I assume from the outside world, I would definitely be doing lots of things to plug the hole. But I have no idea how they are getting in, so cannot even begin to guess where the 'leak' is to remedy the crisis. Remember the story about the little Dutch boy who put his thumb in the dike? I would gladly, if I knew where... or a cork, or a gob of glue, or putty, or...

No comments:

Post a Comment