Thursday, June 12, 2014

small mechanical crisis...

I was going to run some errands on Wednesday, before going to the church to make my blood donation. And started with going to Wallyworld to buy gas. I had to go in the store to re-charge my gas card, then across the parking lot to the Murphy and get in line for a turn at the pump. Worth a trek across the parking lot to the store and back again to save ten cents per gallon, right?

But when it came my turn, and I was going to open the little 'hatch' to take the cap off the gas fill tube: the door would not open. How can I fill my tank if I cannot get the hatch door to open? How far can I get before I run out of gas? Reminding me of that children's nursery rhyme: 'for want of a nail the kingdom was lost'. Starting with a horse that lost a shoe and army that lost the battle, and king who lost his throne - and unlikely chain of events caused by something so insignificant. That would have been me if I had run out of gas...

 I called my smart friend, PC, who had an excellent suggestion, that much to my delight and amazement, worked. Why I continue to be amazed by her - I can't say, but she is so smart. I got my errands run and my gas purchased, so my tank is full, and I am ready for the next trip. Even though I have not planned it yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment