Sunday, June 15, 2014

de-lightful...

...is the best way to describe lunch today. I had to go to work, after going to early church. But both daughters were at church, and decided they would put lunch together and eat at home, instead of going out in the crush of a gazillion families taking Dad to lunch.  According to the info. printed on the calendar, it was officially designated at the day to honor your Father, but I secretly am convinced they really just came to see me. I'm sure at some point in the day, they provided the proper accolades and said 'happy Father's day', but I am certain I was the happiery-est of the two of us.

Good lunch - especially the part where I had no part in it other than to show up to eat.  They had chicken from the Publix deli, and a big bowl of smashed potatoes, green beans, and a big Caesar salad and biscuits. It was good, enjoyed by all. I will be investigating containers in the fridge that hold an assortment of leftovers, feeding him more father's day lunch over the next several days.

But the best part: everyone around the table. I don't know of anything that pleases me more. To have all my peeps together, sitting down sharing a meal. That's really a treat.

Well... maybe three or four beers and someone to tote me home in the wheelbarrow would be nearly as good, but certainly not any better!

No comments:

Post a Comment