Wednesday, June 18, 2014

internet on the fritz...

I am not answering emails because I don't have internet. And I cannot access emails from this computer in the public library because I cannot remember my AOL password. There should be a person who is willing to follow me around everywhere I go and provide a sufficient prompt to help me recall what all those secret $%&* words are for all the stuff we are afraid will get hijacked - when in reality we are the people who are most likely to loose them.

I will confess about that internet problem: I am likely the cause. I was out behind the house a couple of days ago, digging in a place that stays damp and shady planning to put in some fern starts I bought months ago. And while I was there, I noticed the cover is off the little black plastic box that holds all the cables for the TV and computer. Soon after that, when I went back inside, hot and bug-eaten, I was told that the cable was 'out'. I suspect if I had been willing to light up like a Christmas tree, attempting to replace the cover on the little black box, I could have restored both the $%&* TV service and my internet. Funny, but not very: he could not care less if I do not have any internet, and I could not care less if he does not have any TV.

I've been waiting, hoping for a Mediacom guy to come to the house for months - since the last time we had a Mediacom repair guy come to the house. He did his majik and restored the cable, so the TV addict was happy. But before he left he said he was going to put in a work order to get a new box installed as there were so many wires going in the box would not close securely (or not at all in this case?).  I'm sure we are underwater as far as priority goes with getting a new enclosure for all those cables, but now we really need some help.

And when he comes to restore internet and cable for TV, I plan to get the box, that is probably called a router? relocated in the kitchen. It has been an eyesore on wall for - literally - years. Was originally installed behind a big wooden desk, that relocated some time ago, and left that ugly thing there on the nearly white wall. I've decided where I want it moved, and have great plans for the service guy to do some major rearranging when he comes... for what he will be thinking is a very minor fix-it job. Won't he be surprised?
Won't I be surprised if he does not move that hideous router box?

No comments:

Post a Comment