Wednesday, February 5, 2014

on the road again...

You are wondering, I am  sure, how working  a few mere hours each week supports the my driving habit? How it is possible that putting in confoundingly sparse time I am employed can support my gasoline addiction? That is an excellent question - and one that baffles me as well. I must be well subsidized?

I am traveling today with a friend who lives in Marietta. We are going down Memory Lane, to Valdosta. I decline to confess how many years it has been when we were students together at Valdosta State, but will say that it was a' college' at the time, before being promoted by the Regents to University status.  So, it has been a while, in another lifetime. She was a mother of teenagers when she was a student, with family obligations, so it's a wonder she had time to get to  classes, much less complete assignments. But it happened, and she did - with grace and capability, as any multi-tasking mom will understand.p

We plan to drive to south GA this afternoon, and will meet her daughter for dinner tonight. The daughter lives in a nearby town. We will spend the night in Q. and go over to V. on Thurs. to poke around, look at old haunts, and revisit the past.

We took painting classes together: she was a remarkably proficient water colorist, and I was probably at low C level. She had to patience to take on really complicated, time-consuming subject matter, and do beautiful paintings requiring much attention to detail. She claims to not paint any more- which likely means she can't get started, not motivated to get the tools together to undertake something she would then feel either a) obligated to devote time to or b) guilty that she did not. That is my problem too, so I know that scenario entirely too well.

She has been in contact with one of the instructors we had as art students, and made plans to see her when we are in south GA.  Will go to the public gallery space there in downtown to visit an exhibit of this former professor's work, and have lunch together. Should be a really pleasant day.

No comments:

Post a Comment