Wednesday, February 5, 2014

100's of little weightless souls...

This sounds like it will be something of great import: breaking news, or 'true confessions', but it's only a report of the result of a service call by the Pesty John bug spraying service. We had a real ant problem, a mysterious invasion that had no apparent source. I would find them on the kitchen counter, always in the same general area each morning. Which caused me to assume they were in the walls. After asking TP to call for service too many times, he finally did, when I showed him a little line of industrious workers traveling across the front of a cupboard.

Pesty John came and sprayed all around the house. I warned him if that substance was greasy, and left mess on the floor, I expected him to clean up after himself. He suggested I should be ready to live with the ant problem instead. So he sprayed, and it helped. But they came back. And he was invited to make a return appearance. He put out somed sort of 'bait' a gel like substance in all the places he thought ants might be traveling. That seems to have solved the problem. He suggested the invasion was due to cracks in the foundation (not the cracks you see when the Pesty John guy bends over!)

Problem has been resolved. Leaving hundreds of corpses. I just swept the floor for the first time since the plague finally abated. And found lots of places I did not even see them to start off with, where they had apparently gone to get away from fate, and could not entirely escape. I think part of the problem was due to the cold weather. Even though I don't believe I can think like an ant, I would certainly be seeking shelter and a warm nest to get out of the serious cold we have had in recent weeks. So I cannot fault them for their motivations, and industrious nature. But still do not want them in the house, building an ant kingdom within the walls, planning to cohabit.

No comments:

Post a Comment