Monday, February 3, 2014

314 + 314....

I drove to the Atlantic Ocean on Sunday, and back to Georgia's west coast today.

I'd told the auntie a couple of weeks ago, when she thought she had a buyer for her little condo on St. Simon's Island that I would go with her to get odds and ends she did not collect up when we were there recently. And, looking at my calendar, realized today would be the 'most likely to succeed.' She would call me and say she had a report from the sales agent that there was a buyer, then call me back to say there wasn't - then call me back to say it's found a buyer. I said: I am still planning to go with you on the third, so we need to go.

Remarkably, there really was a buyer, who put down a deposit. And she signed the papers today. So there won't be any more of these crazy trips dashing to the coast to gather up more misc. for dragging half-way across the state, only to donate to thrift stores when there is no where to store. I pretty much had all I could put in the back of my car, and still see out the rear-view mirror, when the agent came in and started with: 'You don't want to leave this, do you?', and 'Don't you want to take that with you?' So the auntie started trying o give stuff to the agent! Because she knew I would say no, and it's so very hard to let things go....

No comments:

Post a Comment