Thursday, February 20, 2014

more of the cat's tale, part 6

In case you have been sitting around fretting, wringing your hands with anxiety, unabated concern, I suppose I should provide an update on the high priced cat who is sleeping on the end of the bed. Apparently ruling the roost around here, having us remarkably well trained, for people who do not speak a word of feline language.

Now that she has been getting meds. consistently and in the proper dosage, Lucy the cat has apparently taken a new lease on life. Not precisely acting kittenish, but certainly much more lively and active than she was a couple of weeks ago. I think the nature of the beast is that they generally sleep about twenty out of 24 hours, so she continues to snooze most of the time. But  her appetite is much improved, and she is going out when the weather is decent, sitting in the sunshine, giving the impression that she is enjoying her life. For a while, that was doubtful.

I did not take her back to the vet. like I was supposed to the first of the week. It pains me to spend several hundred dollars to get out the door of the vet's office. And she seemed so much improved: I'd estimate about 400 % over several weeks ago, when I thought we were close to' last rites'. So I thought I could get by; just calling the office, to ask the tech. person to report to the Dr. that she was markedly improved .( Nice try, kiddo.)  The vet said she will be on the meds for-ever, and Lucy needs to come in again next week to (bring your check book, please!) to be sure she is getting the right amounts of drugs.

She is still so thin you feel every notch in the spine when you rub her back, and shoulder blades are very prominent. Still looking like she is only half-dressed, due to the trip to the groomer, where she left most of her long black fur, except for tail, and shoulders/front legs. I am trying to fatten her up with servings of foul/fishy smelling canned food, which she has trained me to provide twice a day. And she is 'way more peppier than a couple of weeks ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment