Friday, February 14, 2014

happy Feb. 14...

It did not turn out quite like I expected. I thought I would go on in there, and there would be so much to do, with so many customers trying to keep their little selves out of hot water, and on the good side of their sweethearts, co-workers, boss, spouse, mama, etc., that I would be busy all day.  I'd looked at the amount of time I had worked already, and knew I wash close to the maximum. But honestly thought this was the one time I could get away with overtime/extra hours = extra pay.


After waking up about 4:30, and piddling around until after 6, I went on to work, where I immediately got very busy. We had not had any truck from the warehouse in Atlanta for two days, so there was a lot of fresh flowers to get put out on the sales floor. Which I think I did a pretty good job of doing in a snappy fashion. But by the time the doors were unlocked and all the lights turned on, I'd had three different management people tell me I had to leave by twelve o'clock to not have any overtime.

I thought it best to confess that I had arrived early, and admit that I should probably be leaving sooner than they said. So I actually was out the door by 11:30 - with the whole afternoon ahead of me, with no plans.  I (unseriously) considered calling that person who has a little flower shop over on Moon Rd. to ask if she needed some help in the afternoon. But unseriously, due too the fact that she makes me nuts when she comes in the store and shops our fresh flowers to fill her wire service orders - asking: ' do you have this in the back?' or 'don't you have some of that I can get?' If I want to strangle her in the fifteen minutes she is in the store loading up her shopping cart, buying all our stuff, I can imagine how she might get injured if went in the  workroom where she was supervising.  There is probably a special circle in hades for people who homicide their employers, and I would get a front row seat.

So I went to lunch with a friend, and went to two movies. Nothing remarkable, just stuff I wanted to see and had time to sit in the dark. One, sorta funny, but very dark, with lots of foul language, I would not recommend. Probably wishing I had not invested $5.50 on it. "Osage County".  And the other something that has been out a while, and I thought I had missed. But is still at the $1.99 screens: a really sweet story "The Book Thief", but as you would expect of something set in Germany in the 1930's not a happy tale.

Actually the third movie I've seen this week: Went to the "Monuments Men" on Monday. Loved it. If you love art, or art history, or military history, or Eurpoean art, or just have someone with a military service background in your life - go see it. Highly recommended: *****(five stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment