Monday, September 23, 2013

it was sweet and too short....

Daughters showed up for lunch yesterday, after going with their dad to church. I am not a blabber-mouth: there was no way it would have fallen out of my mouth, so he did not expect any of this. Not really intending that it would be a Big Surprise, I just did not bring it up. Today is his birthday, so even though no one specifically said: lunch was the 'party' (with the honoree footing the bill. Lucky guy!)

I don't think anything makes me any happier than finding myself with both of them at the same time. Just thinking about that makes me smile. Something that has been deliberately planned occasionally in the past, but distance and jobs, life and activities get in the way, so it does not happen often. Sunday it did all fall into place, as they made the effort to go to church with their dad, and 'let' him take them out to eat. I'd gotten up very early to work, so I could take a guilt free long lunch break and join them. It was sweet to be together, but sadly - had to go back to work.

Everyone there had a phone in their pocket, with built-in camera. Why did we not take photos? Why do we take photos of all kinds of crazy, worthless stuff, but not the things that really count?

No comments:

Post a Comment