Friday, September 6, 2013

busy: while doin' nothin'...

I set the alarm clock for 4:30 a.m. To get my ducks in a row and try to be on the road by 5:00, which nearly happened. I often think when I do this craziness (entirely too frequently) that I wish there was some way to do the 'hard part' first and get it over with. The hard part being the awfulness of driving in Atlanta traffic. It would be so nice to do that part first thing, and get it over with, then spend the next hour of the ninety-minute drive just crusin' along enjoying the oddball news on public radio.

But that's  not the way it works.

I got to Decatur at 7:00, and had gotten so sleep yby the time I stopped at my destination, I went right back to bed. And surprisingly enough, went to sleep. Then my phone rang. But amazingly I went right back to sleep... and the phone rang again. But amazingly I went back to sleep again. So - completely out of character for me: was still snoozin' at nine o'clock!

We've walked the dogs, made some tasty cookies, and done quite a bit of nothin': if standing by holding the door for the nasty process of cleaning out the chicken coops counts as  nothin'. It certainly makes me thankful to not have chickens, though I am sure the people who do have backyard egg production enjoy the benefit of a continual fresh supply. I am not sure that the joy of local 'layers' outweighs the  'ick' factor of coop cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment