Wednesday, September 11, 2013

dinner table conversation...

Not recently, but some weeks ago, we had a conversation at the dinner table. With him making the comment as a reminder to me that he pays for a membership every month for me to go to the YMCA. Asking if I had been swimming lately. (I did not tell him I have been to a neighborhood pool with a friend about once a week, since that would be unrelated to his question about the paid membership.) I admitted I had not been to the Y in some months, since I had a problem with my back and temporarily quit swimming. The 'temporary' part has extended for nearly a year - and he is still paying the monthly fee.

So he asked if I thought I would get back into swimming again. I said I hoped so, or that I might start going to Yoga classes. He wanted to know when I thought it would happen, reminding me again that the membership fee is paid every month. So I told him he should cancel it. He said he didn't want to do that. I said: 'you can cancel it or not, but you can't ask me about it again'.

We are done talking about the membership at the YMCA.

No comments:

Post a Comment