Wednesday, September 11, 2013

amusing little anecdote

Abut the time P & C were having an anniversary last month, for some unknown reason, I thought I would  google Wedding Anniversary gifts. To see what the traditional gift items would be, in a listing for various years of successfully accomplished couples: meaning people who had not been sentenced for spousal homicide. As I was perusing the list, I discovered that the 'traditional' gift for the thirty-second year of marital bliss would be 'conveyance', and in parenthesis was the word (vehicle).

He randomly brings up the subject that HE thinks I should want to trade cars. I don't want to trade, because I cannot make a car payment and still support myself in the style to which I have become accustomed. But it does have over 155,000 miles on it (yeah - and still getting  46 or 7 miles to the gallon....) so I can understand that it is something worth considering. If we happened to win the door prize and it was a brand new shiny red Ford Mustang, I would happily take it and trade it in for another Prius. No contest when you compare 47 mpg to 12 in a hopped up Pony.

I sent an email after making that interesting little trivia discovery about anniversary gifts to the man who has  not remembered the date of our wedding in a number of years.  So this was in reality, pretty worthless as a 'hint'. But hint I did. And when he came in the door later, after having not responded to my email about the wonderfulness of a 'conveyance' as a gift: he asked if thought I might like to have a little red wagon?

Are you still laughing? Me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment