Friday, September 20, 2013

408...

That's how far I drove today. Got up about 4:30, to leave the house by 5:00. Drove to Q., spent some time rooting around in the yard, digging up those pesky smilax tubers. Some about the size of a pea, some about the diameter of a dime, some as big as a small rodent, some the size of the trap you might catch the rodent in, some the size of the cat that caught the mouse, that ate the cheese that lived in the house that Jack built. At least fifty, or more. Very gratifying to put them someplace they won't be sprouting to make more pesky, thorny, aggravating, irritating, mean, sneaky, annoying smilax vines.

Then I drove over to have lunch with friends from FL who had come up to see their daughter who lives/works in Valdosta. A good 'Chicken Salad Chick' lunch, nice visit, and I got back in the road to return to Columbus about 5:00.

This all from the person who swore/promised/committed to Never Driving to FL and Back in one Day. I'm sure I will feel a bit 'jet-lagged' when I have to get up and go to work on Saturday, but it was well worth the time/trip. And will be doing it again, when they are ready. I know it's crazy, but also know that I need to go while I am able, and before I get to the point of not being able to get myself home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment