Tuesday, September 1, 2015

september...

...might represent the 'idea' of fall, but it will still be summer here until late November, when we will skip over autumn and possibly start into winter. Meaning it will be time to dig out the wool socks, and start layering up.

I was up at 5:10 to be at work by six o'clock in the produce dept. today with Alice. We get along really well. She tells me what to do and I do it. Except when I don't and she sets me straight. I work on a table facing a blank tile wall, and hardly see anyone all day long except co-workers, and lots of vendors who come in to put out sodas and bread/baked goods from the stock room. She looks out over the store, and greets customers as they walk up.

She was talking to someone today, while cutting up cubes of fruit. And I was facing the tile wall, working the slicer, preparing squash, onions, bell peppers to package. I don't recall the conversation, but I was so amused when she told her friend who had stopped by to speak with her that her mama always said: "At the end of the day, the pot rests on it's own bottom." I am still pondering what that  might mean? If you have any ideas, feel free to speak up, comment and provide your opinion.

I'm thinking what her mama was trying to help her understand is that we are all ultimately responsible and held accountable for our actions and daily activities. You might think you can persuade someone to believe an explanation for unacceptable behavior, but when all is said and done: It's Yours. You created the problem, situation, crisis, hot mess - so you will be the one who has to come up with resolution, clean up after your own self.

Some people will try to justify, make excuses, place blame due to not fully being able to grasp the necessity for accepting responsibility. But when you make poor decisions, there are generally repercussions, requiring accountability. You spilled it: you mop it.

At the end of the day: The Pot Rests On It's Own Bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment