Thursday, September 3, 2015

second appt....

...at the chiropractic office yesterday. He told me about some exercises I need to be doing, and wiggled my knee some more. Charged me $30 and sent me on my way, after about ten minutes of his time - good pay if you can get it!  I laid in bed last night and did what I was instructed to do.

When I got up this morning about 5:15 to get to dressed and on to work, I was very surprised to discover I: a) slept all night without getting up to take a pain pill in the wee hours, and b) did not hurt at all. Sadly, it was not long before a dull ache took over, and I concluded I needed to continue to take the OTC meds I have been taking all day long for weeks and weeks. Sort of like a below ground storm shelter: hoping against hope you won't actually have a reason to need it, but you want to be prepared when the tornado blows through and you find yourself unexpectedly in the Land of Oz. Along the same lines: auto or health insurance, which we pay for every month with the optimistic thought of never needing.

I'll try to do the exercises and go back next week, see how this goes. I was amazed to get up and walk from one end of the house to the other- then suddenly think: my knee does not hurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment