Thursday, September 3, 2015

chiropracticing...

... for the second time. Trying to figure out something that will resolve the problem I have been having with my knee. I had a random chance encounter with a customer at work recently that caused me to think this might be a way to get better/find someone who can help without having a knife in hand. I saw a woman who was walking through the store with one of those big knee support things that looks very mechanical. Probably Velcro on the straps on her thigh and calf, with metal in-between and a hinged joint to provide mobility.

Much more 'serious' than the brace I used for a while. And quit wearing when I concluded that the brace would bring about another set of problems when I would loose muscle mass and tone as I became dependent on that artificial support to provide stability. I told this woman who passed by my food demo. 'stand', that I could be sympathetic to knee problems, and hoped hers was getting better. She stopped and said:' let me tell you about my chiropractor', reporting that he had really been helpful. So I wrote down the info. and called several weeks ago.

And had to change the appt. so many times due to work, the last time I called to reschedule, I told the receptionist she was probably starting to think I did not really exist. I finally went the end of last week. I had been lead to believe my insurance would cover but when I got there, they told me it would not pay for adjustments to 'extremities'. And they sort of wanted me to write a check before I even got in to see the man. Which was, as you might expect, somewhat 'off-putting', causing me to question whether I should even be there?

But I answered the questions, and took my little disc of photos.  X-ray and MRI the orthopedic clinic copied for me, and I picked up last week. Surprised to get to the window and hear: have you paid for your disc yet? Whereupon I fork over $10 to get the photos my insurance had already paid for!!! And  him wiggle my knee. Made another appt. to return this week, and hope that I will get some positive results.

No comments:

Post a Comment