Sunday, September 20, 2015

it was a looonnng day...

...going in to work at 6:00 a.m. and leaving just after 5:00 p.m. But not quite as bad as it sounds, since there
was a two hour break when I went to church. And also not so bad as it would have been had I spent the whole day doing produce prep.

Co-worker who usually mans the floral department is out of town for several days so I was doing that. Putting out fresh cut flowers, that come tightly packed in bunches, in flat boxes, shipped from growers in south America. They need to have stems cut, and placed in buckets of fresh water to drink and revive/freshen upon arrival. Plus watering lots of plants that looked desperately dry and thirsty. And making some cut arrangements to go in reach in cooler for cash/carry sales.

So it was not such a bad day, as I was able to putter in the flowers and spend about half the day doing something I really enjoy. And take a long two hour break to go to church:  that rarely happens due to either travel or work schedule  I'd asked the dept.manager about coming in early, since I know he always makes a point of going with his family on Sunday mornings. He knows I will get my work done before leaving, so it's not a problem.





But after nine hours of standing on that hard floor on my poor tired feets, I was worn out. Plus in an effort to be completely honest, I will admit all I had to eat during that time was two Snicker bars. Nothing 'well balanced' about that!



No comments:

Post a Comment