Thursday, September 17, 2015

so impressed with myself...

...and my cooking at work on Wednesday, I made the cheeze grits for supper at my house tonight. Had to run to the store for the cheeze, since that is what makes the grit so wonderful, but it was well worth a trip. Plus there will be leftovers for breakfast. Did I mention I like cold grits? Straight out of the pot is good for me.

There are some who swear by putting left overs in a loaf pan, chill overnight, and slice to put in skillet and fry for breakfast. Personally I think that unpatriotic and possibly sacreligious, nearly an immoral thing to do with something as classically, traditionally southern as grits. But what do I know?  Only born and bred in the deep south...

Smoked gouda cheese is a wonderful thing in it's own right, and if you were raised on grits you will feel the same way about that ground corn product. So combining two things as wonderful as the cheeze and the grits into one mouthful: oh-my-goodness! You can almost hear Aunt Bee calling us in to wash up for dinner....

No comments:

Post a Comment