Wednesday, September 16, 2015

little plumbing crisis...

 ...that will require professional attention: meaning $50 service call, plus what ever labor and parts are actually put into use. The toilet has been leaking for a couple of days. I open the lid, jiggle things and it will quiet down. But every time you flush, it forgets and goes back into leaky mode.

It has been  misbehaving for months, and I will periodically go in there with my wire and pliers and apply a new piece of wire to the little lever that creates 'flush'. Part of it broke off, rusted away, and it would not extend out long enough to make the connection to lift the plunger that causes the water to drain from the tank. Nothing professional about my repair job, but the price was most affordable: wire cutters and a short piece of wire to re-make the connection

I just had a call reporting the man who likes to be' in charge of problem solving' has called a plumber. And the service guy is on the way. I will remove all my rubber bands, baling wire and duct tape before he arrives, so he won't hurt himself when he falls in the floor laughing at my 'jury-rigged' fix. You know, as in: 'I fixed it', when the problem has not actually been solved, but enough duct tape has been applied to make a prom dress/completely cover the original issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment