Sunday, May 31, 2015

Sonny's birthday...

He was born in 1920, and died in 2000. Today is his birthday. He loved ice cream, so I am eating some while thinking of him. Something I always remember to do as a little memorial to my dad.

The weather is really bad here, lighting popping around, thunder babies rumbling across the sky, so I am unplugging... but wanted to say: go eat ice cream.

I saw a woman at work today who had on a T shirt that said: 'Life is too short'... I waited until she turned around, thinking the rest of the sentence would be printed on the back. But that's all the words that were on her person. I'm aware that life really is too short for lots of things, like not eating ice cream when the occasion arises, or chocolate, or not telling people who you care about how you feel. Or working at a job that makes your stomach feel queasy every time you walk in the door.

Take the opportunity when it presents itself - don't procrastinate.

No comments:

Post a Comment