Monday, May 11, 2015

formerly known as...

...always makes me think about when the musical guy  'Prince' wanted to change his name, or was it gender? Desiring to be less specific and deciding the world should refer to him as an unpronounceable symbol. So everything that was written about the guy would start off with 'the musician formerly known as Prince...' As he continued to receive media attention and do news worthy things, but no one really knew what to call him or how to refer to himself.

This sort of applies to me, after being sent home from work mid-way through the day on Sunday. So now I am possibly 'formerly known as a meals clerk. I think I am still employed, but know that the disciplinary process includes being suspended from work for a week. So I'm pondering all the things I might do while being temporarily unemployed. It's not been all bad, being punished for non-compliance with safety regulations.

Got my countertop cleaned off today, sorting through lots of papers and mail that had stacked up awaiting my attention. Put lots of notes and payments in the mailbox. And in the process, going through lots of things that were important months ago, found many were not so much. Now of much less value, so relegated to the recycle bin to clear off  space I had not actually seen in weeks. Did some planting, putting some seed that I harvested last fall, in a tray to try to sprout and start some milkweed plants (monarch butterfly host plant). Some puttering in the yard, watering those things I planted when I was at loose ends (sent home) yesterday. Fairly productive overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment