Saturday, May 30, 2015

forsythia on Craig's list...

... has been posted for at least a couple of years, periodically renewed, hoping to get folks to want to buy and plant it. All's I am asking is two dollars, but all you get is a sprig. The adv. says it will be bare-rooted, so you need to have your hole dug when you get it, ready to put in the ground and water well.

I talked to someone at the luncheon on Thursday so said she knew someone who would like to have some to start out on some land he has cleared. So I said: please do. I will dig and bring to you. So I dug it, and took it to Decatur instead. Ha.

I told her I would dig forsythia and leave at her house after work today. And made the mistake of writing her address on my hand. So now I don't know where to take it. I really did transfer the info. to a piece of paper, but don't know what I did with the note, so had to call to ask for the info. again. I have the forsythia sitting in a bucket full of water, waiting to find out where it is supposed to be.

Loaded up a couple of big pots that had Carolina jasmine in them to give away. Someone in town with close neighbors thinks she wants to start it on a brick wall in her back yard. I did not tell her the plants were 'domesticated' from the wild, and though they are beautiful when they bloom in the early spring, will eventually turn into something that is nearly as invasive as kudzu. I only said I wanted my pots back to put something else in - and will try to get replanted this coming week with things that won't climb in your window and twine around your neck while you sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment