Wednesday, May 27, 2015

it was a very productive...

morning, even before I left the house. I woke up too early and did some housecleaning. I hate that.  But when it is done, and I get finished with an extended round of congratulating myself and  being profoundly self-righteous due to doing something so distasteful, it is such a delight to sit and enjoy clean.

I swept and mopped all the hard floors: tile floor in the kitchen and the big room that is a combo. living/dining area. Sadly it has not been swept since the shedding canine came to visit, so it was well past time. I did not really intend to mop, but after doing the kitchen, I was on a roll, so decided I might as well get it all done. Then, much as I hate to admit getting the cart before the horse, I cleaned some windows. Which involved getting out the vacuum to clean the screens, that are on the inside of the glass, before I could start on the windows.

I'd done the outside a week or so ago, and knew the inside needed attention. So cleaned glass, and replaced clean (er) screens, then had to wipe the woodwork/molding. Which caused me to go around most of the rest of the house and wipe baseboards, window sills and chair rail molding that had not been cleaned in years. Pretty embarrassing confession.

Bu now there is much cleanliness to enjoy. I have several more windows that need glass cleaned on inside; hope to get done before the end of the week, and will be completely finished with that thankless, onerous task. The sort of thing no one notices or comments on when you do it, but everyone seems to observe when it does not get done, thinking: 'who lives here and cares so little?' or 'how tacky is that?'

No comments:

Post a Comment