Friday, January 9, 2015

paper cutting...pictures added!

to make the newest poster for Sunday School class for differently-abled students. The verse is from Psalms: 119:57. "God you are everything I need". I strained my brain cells for several days to try to come up with some visual I could use to demonstrate the verse. Nothing. I ended up just cutting out the letters, and gluing them on a big sheet of brown. With the (loosely interpreted) globe/earth  in the center, representing 'everything'.

The teachers send me a verse each month, near the end, for the next four weeks, and I come up with something that will help reinforce it as the students memorize the verse. I know it is easier to retain any info. when you have something to serve as a 'visual', a picture that you more easily recall to provide a little boost for remembering. But try as I might, rubbing my cold, sparse neurons together, there was no spark. The letters are brightly colored, really standing out on the dull brown background, and it is eye-catching. But nothing as impressive as some I have been amused and entertained by in the past.

Though is cold enough to immobilize a reptile, I went to the church to put it up on the wall in the classroom, so I won't have to get organized on Sunday morn. early enough to get it done before church. And feeling a bit of cabin fever, decided to go on to the mall, to walk for an hour. A good, or maybe not, decision: I stopped in a music store going-out-of business and found a $30 cd of Christmas music for $8. I'd be eight bucks ahead, but with no Christmas music if I had taken a nap instead.

Too many photos in my old skool phone for me to send the photo of that colorful poster,and get it printed here... so: later-gator...

No comments:

Post a Comment