Monday, January 26, 2015

just a bit of FYI...

...for anyone who lives on plastic. Which is most everyone I know, and probably the majority of the people in the civilized parts of the world. Those same people who think the world will come to an end if they don't continually have the cell phone within arm's reach, and promptly check every incoming message.

Here's an update on that awful, horrible, aggravating, irritating, annoying experience with the useless credit card in TN on Saturday. After it was denied the second time, and I called again, talking to a service rep., then her supervisor, who said 'you can't talk to My supervisor. She will not accept incoming calls.' If you want, I can give her your number and she will call back in 24-48 hours. So I said: 'Great! Please do that'.

Well... she didn't. She did call me back as I was leaving work at nearly eight o'clock tonight, well past the forty eight hour mark. Obviously taking care of all the little inconsequential 'to do' things on her list before making a call to a thoroughly irate customer.  I told her how surprised I was that the original call to resolve the issue, with me paying the entire balance on the credit card was insufficient to allow me to effectively swipe the card as payment. Her prissy response: 'that's not something we routinely do - tell customers that their cards are no good'. Of course not: who wants to listen to a response about  that from fuming, frustrated credit card users? On the phone, but so upset you could almost see the steam coming out of their ears, like cartoon characters....

She asked me if I had questioned the original rep. to inquire if I could use the card. Of course not: why would I have paid it off in full, and think it would not swipe? It never occurred to me to ask, or consider the possibility that I would  agree to paying the full amount of the balance and still not have a functioning card.

So I said: 'Who can I talk to about this?' She gave me the name and mailing address for the company president. Oddly enough, the address is for a town in TN, where this unraveling fiasco started.

Who I wrote a polite, well-worded letter to and will expect a 'form letter' as a response. Saying We are So Sorry You had a problem. And if there is anything we can do in the future, please let us know.
Which brings up my original statement about this: Well, @#$%.

No comments:

Post a Comment