Wednesday, January 28, 2015

highly amusing...

... a little blurb I heard on the radio last week. When I was driving to Valdosta, in that time of day when there is nothing worth listening to on public radio. So I was scrolling through the FM stations, trying to pick up something that was not full of advertising. It was mostly preaching or (at the other end of the scale) rap/mysoginistic stuff  that made me think I would enjoy the silence.

But this ad. came on, from some commercial outfit in south GA, I don't even recall what they were trying to sell. But it was so funny, I laughed out loud.. The voice on the radio said:

"If you are from the north, all the stories will start with 'once upon a time', but when you live down south, the first thing you will hear, after the screen door slams,  is: 'Hey, Y'all! You ain't never gonna believe this'..."

No comments:

Post a Comment