Tuesday, January 13, 2015

cookin' at work....

...today when the recipe was for a meatball soup. I did not eat the finished product. I did eat one of the meatballs, and did not like the texture - though admittedly I am not a good judge of this sort of thing, as I cannot recall the last time I ate cow.  I was very diligent to make them right by the recipe, and was pretty careful in my measurements when I combined ingredients. But it was not something I will be putting my mouth again.

I did get lots of good feedback from customers who tried it, and all seemed to think it was good, even though several thought it needed more salt. The meatball soup had onions, bell peppers, celery and a bit of diced garlic sautéed together. Then add about half a bag of spinach, let it wilt a bit. Add some chicken stock, stir in the meatballs, some salt and pepper and simmer for ten minutes or so.

I made the meatballs from scratch, with ground beef, eggbeaters, bread crumbs and a couple tablespoons of sun-dried tomato pesto, that should have given it a great flavor.  But after making the little inch-diameter sized balls, browning enough to get them to hold together, then putting all the other ingredients together to simmer - those meatballs did not impress me at all. Maybe it's just my taste buds, so unaccustomed to consuming animal that I could not like the texture, but it was so weird, I could not make myself want to taste the soup when it got ready.

If you want specifics, you will have to look it up on the publix website, by going to Aprons.com. To find the recipe, with quantities of ingredients. Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment