Sunday, August 17, 2014

those wee 'buggers'...

must really like a clean floor. I picked up nearly two dozen millipedes already this morning. Continually amazed that I do it 'bare-handed'. They have become such a annoyance, and the Irritation Factor far outweighs my squeamishness about removing them from the premises.  I just pick 'em up. I am still surprised to find myself so quick to bend over, gently pinch, so as not to smoosh the little things between my fingers, and deposit in the trash. They do smell bad, to remind you to be sure to wash your hands after. Just a strange chemical odor, that makes you know your nose is not happy.

They are no larger than an inch long bit of dark colored yarn, though obviously not. As they are traveling across the tiles at what is for them, a fast clip, on those dozens of legs. It is so surprising, even though I have been seeing them for months, to walk into the kitchen and find a dozen or more industriously making their way across the tiles.  They probably think they have arrived at the pearly gates, when they go in the trash and find all those odds and ends, scraps of food. It likely never occurs to them: The End. When you consider the size of their 'thinking capacity', how could they possibly consider the likelihood of Curtains?

No comments:

Post a Comment