Saturday, August 2, 2014

CLEAA fingerprinting...

...stands for Citizens and Law Enforcement Alumni Association. Of which I am a dues paying member. So going this morning to help with fingerprinting project they do every year prior to the start of school opening (which happens next week). Much too soon in my opinion, and probably  every kid who is forcing feets into new 'back to school' shoes, after a summer of swimming, running loose and bare feet.

I got a call recently asking if I would be available to assist with this. I did it a couple of years ago, and remember next to nothing about how the process works. But how complicated can it be, right? You just ink 'em and print 'em! I think you have to have a permission form signed by some consenting adult. So I am dressed in my going-to-work clothes, but headed up to the north side of town, to a church that sponsors this event each year.

Then I will head on to Publix. I am so pleased to have a boss who will allow flexibility for things besides work, work, work. He told me that he is ok with anything I want to do that is related to church or community volunteering. He said he will be doing it, and if I want to do it, to just let him know, and he will arrange the work schedule around other things.

Speaking of which: that yard work we did last Tuesday. The boss, and his boss were both there. I got exposed to some poison ivy. It is making me crazy. Feels like small creatures have burrowed under my skin and creeping along just beneath the surface. It is SO hard to not scratch. It is making me crazy. I have been liberally applying a clear version of pink calamine lotion but it is still driving me nuts.

I knew when I did it, looked down at my gloved hands and saw what I was pulling at, there was going to be a problem. But didn't know where it had touched my bare skin to know where to go vigorously scrub. So, foolish me, I just let nature take it's course... and now I am letting it make me crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment