Monday, August 4, 2014

it might be getting better...




... or worse. This poison ivy I have been afflicted with for nearly a week is awful looking. Trying really hard not to scratch, as I know that urge would be not well rewarded, only temporarily gratifying. I guess I must have gotten into something similar as a kid, from all those years of running wild in the woods. I was the youngest of that little troupe of Indians that was forever fording steams and breaking new paths through the woods. So generally the last one in the line, most likely to get left behind, to sit down in a patch of itchy stuff.

But I don't have any memory of being this annoyed by a casual encounter with the irritating vine. And knew as soon as it happened I was in trouble. Just did not know where it had come in contact with my skin, so didn't scrub enthusiastically as the experts recommend. And now I struggle with nasty looking rash: looks as bad as a case of the Shingles, just limited to my arms.

I'd like to think it's getting better, and I have been sufficiently careful not to scratch and spread. But right now, and for several days, it's been making me crazie. Pouring on the clear version of caladryl, and feeling like it has been marginally effective. So perhaps I am on the mend. If I can just hold on....

No comments:

Post a Comment