Saturday, August 9, 2014

345...

...miles from south Decatur to Simpsonville SC and back. It was a pleasant day to make a little trip. Drove over to visit my cuzzin' who lives in a little town south of Greenville. I usually try to go see her after I go to spend the day with my pen-pal. But realized that I don't get to spend enough time with her, when I am trying to squeeze two visits in on one trip.

So we made a date to hang out today. It's about a two hour drive from Decatur, so I got there about 10:30 (after missing my turn from I-85 to I-385 and having to drive several miles out of  my way to get to a place to make a U-turn).  We looked at photos of grandbabies that are too far away in Montana, then went to lunch. At a neat little sidewalk cafĂ© in downtown, overlooking the Reedy River and falls in Greenville. Very scenic, very sketchy service, and remarkably average food. We will definitely try something different next time.

Made a tour of the beautiful campus of Presbyterian College in Clinton (pronounced by the locals as 'Clinnon'). And went to downtown Simpsonville to get ice cream at the converted train station. I wish I had just asked them to fill my cup with cookie dough and leave the ice cream part out. Don't care a thing about eating cookies, but could eat un-cooked dough until it runs out my ears....

Traffic was not bad, driving was a breeze with the talking book from the library I had to keep me company. I am glad I went, had some time to spend with her, and not feel rushed trying to get on the road. We enjoyed growing up together, and rarely have/take time to visit as adults. So it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment