Wednesday, January 6, 2016

road trip...

...planned due to the uncommon occurance of a couple of days off from work. I've been thinking I should make a run to south GA to visit my auntie. And possibly extend the trip to become one of those 'stay and see Georgia' events by heading east after a night in Valdosta. There is a friend who relocated to Savannah several years ago, that I don't see often, due to geography/distance. Her family moved her from south GA when she had some health problems, relocated into a retirement center, then fall/broken bones/health issues forced her into  nursing care. She gets a bit older every day, and I feel like I should go and visit now when I have a bit of time to travel.

Got a Christmas card from her family reporting she would be 101 on her next birthday, which was in late December. So you can see why I feel like I should go at the first opportunity, before putting a visit off any longer. It's a long drive to the coast, and not something I relish for doing in one day. I expect it will result in something akin to 'jet lag', and a day of strung out and worthless when I do get back to home base. But the fear of putting it off too long outweighs the prospect of driving eight hours in one day... so I'm loading up and heading out.

No comments:

Post a Comment