Tuesday, January 5, 2016

how's it going...

...with the sugar free plan? Fairly well, I think. You know when you can't have something you really want, that's pretty much all you can think about, right? Well, I'm there. Trying to Not have 'visions of sugarplums dancing in my head'. Or eat the chocolate I have stockpiled and stashed away for the next dire emergency....

I went to Sam's Club today to do the weekly church shopping. A long list of things for feeding the youth on Wed. night, as well as a couple of items that appear frequently on the regular supplies.And noticed a big jug of Bolthouse juice/smoothie. I had not thought of drinking things that might not have refined sugar, but after reading the ingredients found it is all fruit and juice products. So it went in my cart for purchase.

Went through the checkout, got it all paid for and loaded in my car. I couldn't wait, drank half the bottle before I could get out of the parking lot. I am sure I could have chosen something that was probably much more healthy/nutritious (like the nasty green liquid that looked like a stagnant pond water), but I chose strawberry banana.  And I still have the second half  to enjoy when I am not nearly so famished, desperate, crazy from wishing I had something sweet.

Otherwise it seems to be doing o.k. I am still trying to figure out what I can use for turning things into hand held bites, like some sort of wrap or sandwich. Thinking maybe tortillas. The spinach flatbread I thought would be the solution turns out to have something lurking way down the list of ingredients. I had to do a google search to discover 'maltiol' is a product very similar to sugar. Pretty far down the list, so I don't think it would be really bad, but still 'cheating' in the strictest sense of the word.

Hangin' in there...

No comments:

Post a Comment